Tractor Weather 
Would anyone believe that the reason I've not blogged since October was that the weather was too bad for tractoring?


Okay so the truth is I did quite a bit at the end of the year and just never got around to updating this page... Still no photos I'm afraid but hopefully I'll remember to take some in the next few days.

Since I last blogged I have sorted out my piston problems - some more cleaning revealed that the number 1 piston was utterly ruined. Who put it in the engine and why is a mystery but I'm almost certain that it was already scrap before it went in as it has huge lumps gouged out of it (all obscured by carbon before) but there's no corresponding damage to the engine. The other three pistons actually had very little wear so the new rings fitted very well. They're all back assembled in the engine with one shiny new piston and the head back on and torqued down.

Today I've been stripping paint off the sides of the block and going over the metal with a course sandpaper to provide a key for some primer, hopefully I'll get that on in the next day or two. I also need to etch prime all the alloy covers, the inlet manifold, the sump etc and get those bolted on properly with the new gaskets in. Once all that's done I should be able to (finally!) put some oil in and turn the engine over. I ran plenty down the cylinders etc when I re-assembled but it's been sitting dripping away into an old rug since then. The sooner I can get the sump back on the better!

[ view entry ] ( 4717 views )   |  permalink

<<First <Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next> Last>>