Four wheels again 
After a week or two of doing nothing on the tractor I've finally got my arse in gear and finished the right hand rear wheel.

I got the CORRECT oil seal today and the whole thing went back together in a few minutes. I re-assembled the brake linkages on that side and set them up so there's no slop and the brake works beautifully.

Now I just need to get the other side apart... the brakes are absolutely solid on the left. The issue with that side is that I can't jack it up at the moment. Someone has done some "maintenance" at some point and tightened up the hydraulic take off pipe (to stop it leaking I guess). The problem is that it's turned away from the tractor as it's been tightened and the pipe is now right where I want to build my pile of bricks under the axle.

Once I get that put right and jack the left side up it should be fairy plain sailing (providing I can get the brake linkages apart in-situ. I don't really want to have to take the half shaft out cause the seal on that side doesn't leak, but I bet it would after I hauled the half shaft spline through it.


Add Comment
Comments are not available for this entry.