Delivery 
well my bits arrived from Agriline this morning.

I can't say I'm overly impressed as the gaskets are wrong. They will fit with a bit of trimming so it's not worth the postage returning them, but they are clearly "wrong". The ends of the trumpets on the TEF20 have six studs holding the brake parts on. These gaskets have twelve holes, and in addition to that, the internal diameter was too small so I've had to trim them to fit. Oh well.

The sure fit seals seem to fit fine (once you manage to squeeze them over the splined end!) Unfortunately I haven't got any grease so I couldn't fit everything back on the tractor today. This is probably for the best since I'm also waiting for some nut splitters to try again getting the long bolts out that hold the mudguards on. It'll be much easier to get those out while the wheel is still off I think.

I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning the bits of the tractor that I've exposed by removing the wheel and brake linkages. Every time you wash off the muck that is free it simply exposes a new tougher strata of grime underneath! Hopefully now that I've got more grass off I should be able to use the degreaser to get the rest back to the paint/metal/rust (delete as appropriate).

Comments

Add Comment
Comments are not available for this entry.